Soy Milk Chiffon Cake
Makes 2 10-cm chiffon cakes
Cream of tartar
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolk with sugar until pale and fluffy. Add soy milk and oil, mix well.
- Add in sifted flour, corn flour, and baking powder. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- In another clean bowl, beat the egg whites till frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture. When combined, fold in 1/2 of the remaining egg whites. Repeat with the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the batter into 2 10-cm chiffon tube pan. Tap the pan lightly to get rid of bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degree C for 30-45 minutes or test with skewer.
- Invert the cake and let it cool completely in pan. When cool, run a thin knife along the edges and unmold the cake.
|Someone was nipping at my cake! Look at the edges D=|
Very fine texture, soft, and suprisingly, very strong soy flavor. I almost gobbled one whole cake...almost.