I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie hosted by j3ss kitch3n. More information can be found here. Join in the fun! =D
Pineapple filling's ingredients:
Pineapple (~1kg each)
Sugar (or to taste)
1. Peel the pineapples and cut out the black eyes. Cut the pineapples into pieces. (Remove core). Blend till fine.
2. Pour blended pineapple into frying pan and cook for a while before adding sugar, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.
3. Cook till it thickens and dry enough to handle. Set aside to cool.
4. Once cool, shape the pineapple jam into small balls. (I made about 50 [1 tsp-size] balls)
1. Sieve all-purpose flour and corn flour. Set aside.
|Tried different patterns. Pillow, round, and pineapple.|
|Rolled the left over dough into crushed corn flakes.|
|Argh! Half gone! Don't think it will last till CNY. D=|
It was my first time making pineapple tarts and it was definitely a fun process and good experience! I really enjoyed it. =D (Except being attacked by hoards of mosquitoes. >.<)
Hope everyone had a fun time preparing for the festive season (or just baking in general).