Recipe adapted from Small Small Baker
(Recipe doubled and modified)
Grounded cashew nuts
Halved cashew nuts
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add in vanilla beans. Add in egg slowly. Beat until well-mixed.
- Fold in grounded cashew nuts. Fold in sifted flours and baking powder gradually. Knead to form dough.
- Roll the dough into 3/4 cm thickness. Cut the dough into crescent shapes (or any shape you like) and place them on the baking tray. Brush a layer of egg white on the cookies and top each cookie with one halved cashew nut. (Brushing egg white helps the cashew nut to stick to the cookie well.) Brush a layer of egg yolk on top of the cashew nuts for a nice golden brown color.
2. My cookies are 1 tsp in size.