Had a few blocks of cream cheese left in the fridge (bought a lot when it went on sale) and I decided to make some cheese tarts (one of my Mum’s favorite). Browsed through my collection of recipes and found a few recipes for cheese tarts. I simply pick one to try. Not sure where I got the recipe from…if anyone seen the same/similar recipe, do tell me, so I can credit that person.
The recipe makes about 20 tarts but since Mum is the only one that eats cheese tarts in the family, I halved the recipe.
Butter 120 g (I used less butter)
Sugar 60 g (I reduced the sugar used)
Egg yolk 1
Superfine flour 250 g
Cream cheese filling
Cream cheesecheese 180 g
Butter 20 g (I used less butter)
Caster sugar 30 g
Lemon juice ½ tsp (omitted)
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy, add yolk, and finally add flour. Knead the dough by hand.
2. Scale the dough and divide it.
3. Push the dough using hand evenly to the mould. Then, make holes at the base using a fork.
4. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
|I get 8 tart shells from the recipe.|
|I think I made the tart shells a bit too thick.|
- Cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and fluffy, add egg and continue to beat till smooth.
- Fill the tarts with the cream cheese and add a little jam of choice. Draw using a toothpick.
- Bake in 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
|I did not have enough cream cheese filling but I was too lazy to make more.|
|I added strawberry jam.|
I fail at making nice swirly patterns.