Thursday, November 18, 2010

Aspiring Bakers #1 Change of plan...

Apparently things are not going my way lately, in this case, my baking.


I planned to bake a chocolate chiffon cake and join the Aspiring Bakers #1: Chiffon Cakes (Nov 2010) hosted by Small Small Baker (please support and join =D – for the wonders of chiffon cakes!!!). I choose a simple flavor – chocolate, what could go wrong? It’s simple and it’s (usually) always delicious.

I used my usual chiffon cake recipe. Everything went smoothly until it got into the oven. Halfway through baking, I noticed that the cake did not rise as fast as my previous ones. I had a sense of foreboding. By the end of the baking process, the cake had rose but it was not as tall and it felt more heavy and dense. After leaving it to cool, the cake shrunk horribly.
I thought it was because I over-fold the batter, or perhaps too little water, or too much flour or…maybe it was because I forgot about the baking powder. =.=”

I didn’t like the “shortie” and I refuse to acknowledge it as a chiffon cake. (It tasted great, though). I decided to be cruel and played around with “shortie”.

"Shortie"
The end product...
Whipped cream with chunks of oranges. Gave some to my friends and they loved it.
Perhaps I'll have better luck (more like better memory) next time.

3 huggies:

j3ss kitch3n said...

nice turn about jet! i love the cream!

Zoe said...

As long as the cake taste good...look doesn't really matter :D

Small Small Baker said...

It's ok. It's not that bad actually. Don't worry, the December event is out now. Do join in. :)