Monday, November 8, 2010

Daiwa Sushi @ Tsukiji Fish Market (2010)

On our second trip to Tsukiji Market, we decided to try Daiwa Sushi and we were so glad that the queue at Daiwa was moving faster. Suprisingly though, both Daiwa Sushi and Sushi Dai have less people than usual (even the queue at Sushi Dai wasn't that long). Anyways, were got in line, waited a few minutes, and we are in! Sis was so happy.

Ordered the "Omakase" set. If I am not mistaken, it is cheaper than Sushi Dai but there are less sushi.




I wasn't really in the mood to take picture, so there's less picture. And I totally forgot to take pictures of the extra we ordered after the set.

Start off with miso soup (clam base).












From left: Tamago, Uni, and maki sushi (Toro [tuna] and Ikura [salmon roe] with cucumber).










I like the maki sushi but I have to force down the Uni. It's fresh but it's just not my thing. 
I did not want to disrespect the chefs by asking them to replace it or not eating it so like most Japanese, I gulp the whole thing at one go. >.<









From left: Ootoro (tuna belly [fattiest part]) and Ika (squid).

Love the Ika, very chewy.









From left: Ebi (raw shrimp) and Maguro (tuna).

Sis and I love the Ebi, so fresh and sweet.











Ebi Atama (head of prawn) - something I don't eat for a long time (due to the cholesterol).
I guess the chef saw my momentary hesitation and insist that it is delicious and fragrant.
And true to his word, the grilled Ebi Atama is delicious and very fragrant.








Akagai (ark shell).

When the chef told us this is our last piece for the set, we were like, "Already?"
Finished it up and asked for the menu. Hehehe.











Overall, all the ingredients are very fresh and good quality. The chefs and staffs are really friendly too.

I asked Sis which one she prefer, she immediately answered, "Daiwa Sushi, because I don't have to wait 2 hours long." Hehehe. In my opinion, Daiwa Sushi is just as good as Sushi Dai.

When we came out, there were more people. The queue (for both Daiwa Sushi and Sushi Dai) was very very very long. Phew, luckily we got there earlier.

If you tried both before, which do you prefer? If you tried either one of them (or other restaurant in Tsukiji Market - I heard some of them are very good too), share your experience. Or any recommendations?

0 huggies: